Online Reputation Management (ORM)
Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing are the arenas where the big corporate battles are waged. Often the competitors that cannot push themselves on top search engine result pages (SERPs) carry out smear campaigns by spreading misleading information and rumors to damage the reputation of a well rooted company. The ease of publishing content on the internet by disgruntled customers or aggrieved employees has made it really very simple for anyone to damage your hard earned reputation within few minutes.
Following tactics are usually employed by the disgruntled people to damage your online reputation:
- Squatted usernames and domains
- False information
- Fake profiles
- Trademark infringements
- Bad news coverage
- Hate sites
- Corporate and personal scandals
Therefore it becomes inevitable for you to proactively protect your online reputation, as a negative perception of your business could result in lost business deals and severed corporate relationships.
Protection, Repair and Restoration of Brand Reputation:
Negative search results are not limited to a particular search engine and may affect video sites like YouTube and social news sites like Digg also. Displacing negative search results is not a recommended strategy for a long term ORM as it will only help cure the symptom and will not treat the problem. Our ORM specialists will have a systematic approach to your reputation management and take proactive steps to protect, repair and restore your reputation.
You need to take the following protection measures for your positive online reputation:
- You need to remove some comments, pictures, stories etc. that you honestly posted on your website. For the internet users, you are what Google says you are, and you may inadvertently be offending your potential customers or investors.
- Having a blog, LinkedIn Profile, Facebook Page or Twitter account would be nice and write content only on the topics you have expertise on.
- Keep personal information to the minimum possible level and do not make it public more than what is necessitated.
Who would be interested in your online reputation?
- Publish positive, informative and useful content for the end user on regular basis.
- If you have yelled at a customer, and apologize at the earliest do not try to push your side of the story there
- Be honest and upfront about the negative content that you happened to publish as it will give you control over the reader’s reactions.
Following group of individuals would be interested in your online reputation:
Identifying the negative mention
- Your customers
- Your business partners
- Your share and stock holders
- Your employees and co-workers
- Prospective employers and journalists
Whenever we will find negative mention about your company, first and foremost we will research on it to find if there is any good point in it. If not, then we will counter it with hard facts and also respond by our own blogs. If negative publicity is found to have to some substance, we need to listen to the complainants and offer them some honest discussion on the issue to prevent further damage by them.
Treating the symptoms
We will optimize your all electronic content like press releases, blogs etc. that are publicly available for everyone to see. Optimization is actually a preventive measure as opposed to reactive measure in which companies just keep chasing the dissenters and are never in a position of control. Our SEOs will take preventive measures to maintain your online brand reputation.
Monitoring your online reputation
Our ORM experts will constantly monitor your online reputation on various forums including the below ones to sniff out any negative publicity that may be doing rounds for your business and take corrective measures immediately to restore your online reputation.
Google Alerts: www.google.com/alerts
Yahoo Alerts: www.alerts.yahoo.com
Search results on BlogPulse, Yahoo and Google News, Mouthshut, Feedster etc.
Contact us now, if you are experiencing any problem related to your online reputation management.